CLINIC WELLNESS POLICY
Please do not bring your child (patient or sibling) into the clinic if they are exhibiting any of the following medical health concerns:
- Fever: Fevers are common in young children and are often a signal that something is wrong. If your child has a fever of 101.0 F. or higher, please keep him/her at home. If your child develops a fever of 101.0 F. or higher while at the clinic, the therapy session will end, and your therapist will make every reasonable effort to reschedule. However, please note that our policy is that your child must remain free of fever for 24 hours before returning to the clinic. The area pediatricians agree with this policy.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea due to illness is highly contagious. If your child has diarrhea, please keep him/her home. Please understand that germs from diarrhea can spread through carpet, toys, equipment, and direct contact. It is very difficult to keep from spreading these germs to other children.
- Vomiting: If your child vomits while at the clinic, you will be called immediately to pick him/her up. Please keep your child at home until 24 hours after the vomiting has stopped. When children come to therapy too soon after being ill, there is a much higher rate of recurrence and contagiousness.
- Common Cold: This includes but is not limited to a bad cold with hacking or persistent cough, green or yellow nasal drainage, a productive cough with green or yellow phlegm being coughed up, etc. These symptoms may be present with or without a fever.
- Rash: A rash may be a sign of many illnesses, such as measles or chicken pox. Please do not bring your child into the clinic until your doctor says it is okay to do so.
We do understand and empathize with parents when their children are ill. These policies are designed to be fair to the ill child and their family, as well as to our healthy children and their families. Please understand that we love your children and provide the best possible care for them. We are hoping to control the amount of illnesses at the clinic and to keep everyone healthy and happy. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call.
We wish to express our sincere thanks to all of you who keep your sick little ones at home and comply with our policies. We appreciate your courtesy!